The Friday and Saturday Jonker Walk Night Market in Malacca City’s Chinatown closes down Jalan Hang Lekir to traffic and when the sun goes down here the handful of bars along the boulevard become a mini street party with tables oozing beyond the sidewalks and a mix of live music coursing throughout the area.
More Nightlife in Jonker Street
Bistro Year 1673
Bistro Year 1673 in Malacca is a cosy all-day establishment with an open-air courtyard, antique furnishing and an ambience that exudes an old school charm. Located on the famous Jonker Street, Bistro Year 1673 offers great western cuisine as well as reasonably priced happy hour promotions for those who want a sip of ice cold beer Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday – Thursday 10:00 – 00:00, Friday & Saturday 10:00 – 01:00
- Address: 18, Jalan Jonker, Melaka
- Tel: +606 288 1673
Far East Café
This little café – situated off Jonker Street – is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet drink. With soft jazz playing in the background, it is decidedly unpretentious and has a good selection of drinks.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – late
- Address: 19, Jalan Hang Lekir, 75200.
- Tel: (606) 286 3853 or (6012) 696 6277
Housed in a pre-war corner shophouse, Geographer Cafe is an institution in Malacca, known for its lively ambiance in the middle of the already buzzing Jonker Walk. Featuring live music, yummy local food and reasonably priced drinks, Geographer is place both locals and tourists frequent, so head on to the cafe if you’re keen on tips-sharing Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 01:00; Sunday 08:00 – 01:00
- Address: 83, Jalan Hang Jebat, Malacca
- Tel: +606 281 6813
Hard Rock Cafe Malacca
Hard Rock Cafe has finally landed in Malacca, adding yet another live music venue on the bustling streets of Jonker Walk. It sits right by the Malacca River, and at night it is brightly lit and is a spectacular view on its own, giving would-be visitors a taste of how much excitement there is to be Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday – Thursday 11:30 – 01:00; Friday, Saturday, eve of public holiday 11:30AM – 02:00 (kitchen closes at 22:30)
- Address: 28, Lorong Hang Jebat, Malacca
- Tel: +606 292 5188
Libar Cocktail House
Said to have the most extensive array of – you guessed it – cocktails in Malaysia, Libar is a chic and stylish bar along Jonker Street that caters to a sophisticated crowd. One of the most crowded pubs along this avenue; it has good music and a stellar selection of drinks.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 02:00 Sunday – Thursday; 18:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: 15, Jalan Hang Lekir, 75200.
- Tel: (6012) 222 7718 or (6016) 617 1777
Ringo’s Classic Café Malacca
Boasting an adequate selection of drinks, Ringo’s is a dusty yet densely packed pub along Jonker Street. Although it might not look like much, it has a steady clientele and is busy on the weekends. Good music and friendly service feature throughout this joint and it’s a good place to enjoy the sights of the market.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 02:00 Friday, Saturday & public holidays.
- Address: 11, Jalan Hang Lekir, 75200.
- Tel: (6016) 354 2223